Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

On the First Day of Christmas, Rock Star Jessi Gave to Me...

To show my love, gratitude and to honor your path, I wanted to give a series of gifts. 
Upon much reflection, it became apparent the best way to express this, was through the development of my own, humble version of the cherished holiday song, 12 Days of Christmas.

On the First Day of Christmas,
Rock Star Jessi Gave to Me,
A "Namaste" to Honor My Life.


​"Namaste," ​is a Sanskrit word meaning "all that is good in me, honors all that is good in you."
To represent this gift, I have two items in mind.
The first, is a short passage on the subject, derived from my stay in India.  Here, I have borrowed the excerpt from a memoir I finished this year, Finding Yourself in a Suitcase.

"We took off up river, toward the rope bridge.  Many villagers were taking their dip of the day in the Ganges River.  They were pleasant and peaceful. 
          A Saddhu in his orange robes walked toward us along the river.  Saddhu’s were considered dangerous as many were escaped criminals who posed at wise men to maintain their freedom.  They changed their story as well as their names.  We tensed as the thin, unkempt man approached us.  As we approached one another, he raised his head.  Kind eyes met ours.  He greeted us with his hands together in prayer position and bowed.
          “Namaste,” he said.
          “Namaste,” we returned.
          He passed us as peaceful as a holy man could hope to pass..."

The second gift is the announcement of a new website, www.RockStarJessi.com which is developed and designed for the sole purpose of honoring your path.  You are welcome to view it at any time, as the Rock Star Jessi's 12 Days of Christmas will also be posted there.

Thank you for joining with me today and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
In the mean time...Honor Your Greatest Asset...You.

Rock Your Truth,

Rock Star Jessi
www.RockStarJessi.com