Saturday, November 17, 2012

Solution To Starting A Dozen Books And Finishing None





"Here's my issue: I start a book I'm really excited about and halfway through the introduction, I get a new idea and so I turn the page and begin a new story. Then, before I can even finish the second introduction, I think of a new idea... This one being just as fantastic as the first and second ideas. So I turn the page and begin writing the introduction for a third story. The bottom line, is that I start a ton of books and never finish them. Any ideas?"


This question was submitted by a friend and client of mine. It was so valid such a popular problem among writers, I felt led to share my solution with all of you.

Rule of Success:

To finish a book, you must stay focused on the one idea until it's complete.

So how do you handle the floods of inspiration when they come calling?

Jot your streak of genius down on a sticky note and toss it in a Manila envelope that reads: 'My Future Books.'

This way, those ideas won't fall through the cracks, and you free yourself to remain focused on your current work. Each project you commit to, deserves your undivided attention so it can become what you know in your heart it can be.

If you need more support and guidance, I invite you to download my 7-Day Book Writing Template.

It's true, you can have your first draft done in seven days. Check it out here: http://writingrockstar.blogspot.com/

See you there!