Friday, March 23, 2012

Child Trafficking Awareness That Will Blow You Away

My dear friend, Magda, is an award-winning director, working day and night toward an incredible goal.  I'll let her tell you about it, and show you how it takes us all to make great accomplishments happen:

Magda's Human Trafficking Video

I look forward to contributing a well. A collection of poems centered around Human Trafficking might be on the horizon. What do you think? Should I go for it?

Kellie Owens Photography
 TRAFFICKED

Illegal, immoral- to no avail
Each day, although new
Eerily the same as before
Commodities, my brother and me
He for forced labor
And me- more demeaning form
Of slavery, I dare not mutter
Confirming this nightmare
To be true
A life mama could not protect us
Daddy long gone
His body discarded, disintegrating
How do I, or we?
Fight to stand a chance
Thirty billion dollar industry
Over one million children
Just like my brother and me
Lost, forgotten faces
Haunted by our lives
More than nightmares


A few additional tidbits about this topic:
  • 10% of victims report corruption of high level officers and law enforcement
  • 45% of the recruiters are female
  • Only 1 person is convicted for every 800 individuals trafficked
Please help create an awareness that peace and freedom might prevail.

Affectionately,

Jessi