Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ever Had a ‘Kill-Me-Now’ Moment?

Maggie O'Farrell, author of After You'd Gone
My dear friend, Kim, gifted me the book After You’d Gone by Maggie O’Farrell.  It was one of the sweetest gestures imaginable.  Rather than send me a card in the mail, she sent a few books, knowing my fetish for paper and books.  She had chosen a few of her own and personalized the gift. 

How thoughtful!  

I felt like I was floating when I’d received them.  There is no better joy that sharing books with friends who mean the world to you.

The emotional experience of this book is beyond most readings I’ve participated in previously.  You feel with great description, the many twists and turns that are involved in a family with many secrets, true love, death and the various ways people erode invisible barriers, heal and fix their hearts.

The point that drove home for me was the importance of enjoying our loved ones while they are with us.  Particularly with the recent passing of my grandmother, it is imperative we appreciate our loved ones now.

A very wise man by the name of Dave Severn gave the following quote after losing his wife of over 40 years.

“Every night, before you go to sleep, hold your significant other close and tell them how much you love them. Then hold them like you mean it.”

It is also beneficial to learn how to utilize more emotion in my writing.  This is an area I am willing to improve in my future works. 

Your Friend,

Jessi Lohman

http://rockstar-jessi.blogspot.com/
Author Befriending Death
ItWorks Independent Distributor